A discussion of this public task list can be found in the first one.
I have the following reasons for maintaining it:
- It might help me to structure my own work better.
- Some readers might have helpful comments for how to accomplish a task.
- Transparency: My PhD is funded by WRoCAH i.e. by public money. If you are reading this in the UK, your tax money. In general, I presume that research can profit from a certain level of transparency.
The list is incomplete, that is I do more than I record. One reason for this is that certain tasks are finished before I ever end up putting them on this list.
- Redraft chapter 5 of my thesis.
- Read first part of Lewis’ “Counterparts of Double Lives” i.e. chapter four of Lewis’s The Plurality of Worlds.
- Read Brian Skyrm’s Evolution of the Social Contract.
- Look into publication of text at soziopolis. (For more information see here.)
Still Unfinished Tasks
- Practice calculating with matrices to better understand certain texts in the social sciences.
- Read Dennett’s From Bacteria to Bach and Back. (For a seminar, see also)
- Read Peter Godfrey-Smith’s Other Minds.
Note that just because a task is still unfinished does not mean that no progress has been made.
- Program preference change models in python.
- Read papers on preference change.
- Refine draft of chapter 2 of my thesis.
- Write up paper for workshop.
- Write abstract for a conference submission.
- Read Austin, Province of Jurisprudence Determined pp. 1-33, 191-200, 228-233, 253-26
- Read Shapiro, Legality, Ch. 3